Best Valve Cover Replacement Auto Service
Our ASE-Certified Master Technicians Can Service Your Valve Cover Replacement
Getting your car inspected regularly is a good idea as it helps detect any issues with your vehicle before they become serious. If you wait too long, then minor issues can become major repairs. So come in for an inspection and get your car checked today. If you just need something like an oil change or tune-up, we can do those for you also. We have a very exhaustive list of services that we offer.
We offer a wide variety of repair services for you at our auto shop in Aliso Viejo. We are a NAPA AutoCare Center with ASE-Certified Master Technicians. Our services include tune ups, batteries, radiators, engine light, transmission, brakes and a lot more. So call us at (949) 505-5056 or schedule an appointment today for help.
How often do I need valve cover replacement service or maintenance?
Replace every 20,000 to 50,000 miles
Routine maintenance is important to keep your car in good condition. Do not wait too long before serious problems develop. If you need service, schedule an appointment or contact us today.
Do you need valve cover replacement service or maintenance?
A valve cover is a part of the engine that covers the gasket to keep oil inside. A cork or rubber seal is used to close off the valve cover. This prevents any oil from leaking out. Oil is used inside your engine to keep its parts lubricated. Without oil, the engine would seize. If the valve cover breaks, then oil begins to leak out of the engine. This means that it is time for a new valve cover.
What Happens With a Broken Valve Cover
You might notices these things starting to happen if the valve cover does not work properly:
- Burning Oil Smell
- When the engine is running, the oil is leaking from a crack or worn part of the gasket. This is when you start to smell oil. If this happens you need the leak checked right away.
- Leaking Oil on Valve Cover
- If there is leaking oil on the valve cover, a mechanic will see it. This is something that is found during routine maintenance. There might be oil that is also along the gasket.
- Low Engine Oil
- If you do not have enough engine oil, then the engine oil light will appear on the dashboard. You might also have to add more oil to keep the engine running at optimal levels.
- Rough Running and Misfiring Engine
- When oil leaks from the valve cover, it can affect the spark plugs. This interferes with engine performance, causing it to misfire. In some cases, a fire might just erupt under your hood if left unchecked.
How a Valve Cover Gasket is Replaced
We will determine if your valve cover needs to be replaced when you bring your car in.
In the case that it does, then here is how we do it:
- Remove Old Valve Cover
- Remove Old Gasket
- Clean All Gasket Services
- Install New Valve Cover Gasket
- Some engines require removing the intake manifold or major part to access the valve cover fasteners
- Replacement complete, area will be checked for leaks
Our ASE certified mechanics are qualified to perform a check for your valve cover. If you see oil under your car, smell oil then take your car in right away.
Do You Need Help With Your Car?
If you are having problems with your vehicle, come down to Glenwood & Aliso Creek Auto Repair and get your car checked. We have several ways for you to contact us. Please choose what works best for you.
Call us today at (949) 505-5056
If you need to talk to us, call us today. We will get the help that you need so that your car is taken care of.
Setup an appointment
Tell us what we can do for you and let us know when you want to come in. We will schedule an appointment with you so we can take a look at your vehicle. This is the recommend method of contact because it helps us prepare for your visit.
Receive a free quote
Give your vehicle information and what you need a quote for. We will send you a quote and any other information that will help you know more about the repair and services that might need.
Come down to Aliso Viejo for auto repair and service. We will take a look at what your car needs. We provide services for the surrounding area which includes Laguna Niguel, Lake Forest, Mission Viejo and more.